Milestones Early Childhood Services
Early Care (birth to 2) and Preschool (3 to 5)
The Early Childhood program of Milestones serves children from ages six weeks to five years of age. Milestones is a licensed EIDT (Early Intervention Day Treatment) program. We serve approximately 100 families in our local community every year.Milestones provides early childhood special education services, in an inclusionary early learning setting alongside children who are typically developing, who serve as peer models and play partners.Children are divided into classrooms by age, not by ability. Other specialized services are provided including occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech/language therapy, and nursing services.
Milestones provides high quality, developmentally appropriate instruction with certified Early Childhood Special Education Teachers,who both teach and supervise classrooms. Most Classroom Instructors who are supervised by the certified teachers have their Child Development Associates certificate. All classroom teachers, instructors and aides undergo extensive continuing education every year, including first aid and CPR training.
To qualify for early childhood special education services in our Developmental Day Treatment Center Services (DDTCS )or Day Habilitation program, a child must have a delay in two or more of the following developmental domains, and meet DDS eligibility criteria:
And must have a referral by his/her primary care physician.
Summary of Information:
- Developmentally and individually appropriate early childhood program which serves children ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age
- Children who are typically developing are enrolled in daycare and act as peer models and play partners
- We provide high quality childcare (Better Beginnings, Level 3) in an inclusionary setting
- Children divided by age, not ability into classrooms
- Transportation is provided for children who qualify for the day habilitation program.
- Therapy such as Occupational, Physical and Speech are offered as a part of the child’s typical day
- We provide all children we serve with opportunities to enhance all areas of development as listed above.
- We have a Spanish translator on staff.
Milestones maintains certifications and/or is licensed by the following:
- Department of Health
- Division of Developmental Disability Services
- Division of Child & Family Services
- Arkansas Department of Education (works with them to provide educational services)
- Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department
- Better Beginnings Early Childhood Program